It’s simple to install social share plugins for WordPress, but you should keep in mind that it must be effective and lightweight at the same time. I know which options are awesome, so in this article I’m making it easy for you to pick between 3 effective and lightweight social share plugins for WordPress.
The most lightweight social sharing plugin for WordPress
This is important. When you begin working on your clients websites, make sure you set up a good social share plugin, one you can configure to your clients needs, both in regards to social channels and where to display the buttons.
Pick and install a product that is the most lightweight social sharing plugin to minimize the load of the site.
Your client doesn’t always keep this in mind when building a website, and it’s your responsibility as a Web Designer and online platform advisor to give your customers a quality solution.
That’s why I will only give you my top 3 products as the best social sharing plugins for WordPress.
Social Snap – The most beautiful social share plugin I have found
I just switched to Social Snap, which is a paid plugin, but keep this in mind;
The free plugins and other apps, tools, and services are not necessarily the best choice for your own website, or your clients.
You want quality coded plugins, and one that is the most lightweight to keep the site load fast.
It’s clever to pay for quality to make sure updates are provided consistently, so that any bugs are fixed and new features are being added in the future.
The best social media plugin for WordPress I have found so far is Social Snap, which is a social media share plugin that covers over 30 different networks and channels.
Other features I liked;
- Very slick interface for customizing
- Easy to connect with social networks in the setup
- It’s a social share plugin with attractive icons
- Many options for placement on the website
- Open graph support to customize post content when sharing
- Nice options for icon colors and animation
- It’s a social share button with a “minimum share count” setting
- Social Follow option and settings
- It’s a social share plugin with click to Tweet function
- Good looking social share analytics dashboard
Plus many more features like social login, auto-poster, boost old post and other cool stuff.
I just bought it and love it. When I find something of this quality and if it makes my work more fun and enjoyable, I immediately make the switch.
Price: $39 per year.
Monarch – Lightweight social share plugin with shortcode
You may have heard about the company, Elegant Themes, responsible for the Divi Theme – a productive, powerful, and the most simple visual website builder for WordPress.
It’s a good looking plugin with a lot of customization options. I think it’s also the best social share plugin with shortcode for WordPress.
Monarch is also simple for your customers to use, and here are some of the features.
- Over 35 social networks and channels covered
- 5 different locations for sharing buttons (Sidebar, above/below post content, on image and videos, pop-ups, and fly-ins)
- It’s a social share plugin with time delay, if you’re looking for that
- Supports “after inactivity” setting and triggers
- It’s a social share plugin with short code to place buttons where you like
- Customization of social share buttons, colors, and shapes
- Mobile friendly (of course)
Monarch, from Elegant Themes, is also one of my recommended plugins for WordPress.
Price: Note! Elegant Themes operates with ONE license that provides you access to everything. You get the famous Divi builder plus all plugins for $89 per year or a one-time fee of $249.
Social Warfare – Popular, well known, and fast social share plugin
They also state that their plugin is “lightning-fast,”which we like. They make sure you understand “we take load time seriously.”
For you as a Web Designer and online platform advisor, keep load time in mind when building websites. Thus, be clever and pick quality plugins.
Here’s some of the features in the Social Warfare plugin
- Customizable buttons and colors to match the website branding
- Upload and customize Pinterest specific images
- Custom tweet options and click to tweet
- Popular posts widgets with social share count
- Social share plugin with shortcode support
- Analytics tracking with custom UTM codes
Social Warfare is also a paid plugin, which is a good thing.
Price: $29 for one site or $89 for up to 5 sites if you want to add to your client websites.
Image social sharing plugin for WordPress? All of them!
The option to easily share images in posts and pages is an important function for a lot of websites, but not every plugin does this.
Every option suggested here is an image social sharing plugin for WordPress, perfect for sites to make sure they get more shares to Pinterest.
Like I said, I’m using the Social Snap plugin. Try it out now by hovering over one of the images in this post and share it to Pinterest.
Conclusion on a lightweight social share plugins for WordPress
The conclusion for the best social share plugin for WordPress is Social Snap!
It’s a fast loading social share plugin, and I love the feature with the little non-invasive share button down on the right side of my pages. Try it out!
Whatever I’m working with, whether it’s an app, an online service, plugins, tools, or system, I have always been picky on quality.
In regards to quality, the app must be well made in terms of the interface and UI, because I want my tools to be effective and fun to work with.
For you as a Web Designer, this is also important to be aware of. It’s a good trait to have, because as long as you can offer your customers the best tools and apps, they will love you for your work and suggestions.
Share this article to your network and be the one to spread the word.